When your child needs to undergo brain surgery, it’s scary. Knowing they are under the care of compassionate experts helps put your fears at ease. Mercy is proud to have central Iowa’s only board-certified pediatric neurosurgeon treating children of all ages — from infants to teenagers. Our team works closely with your child’s pediatrician and you to ensure they are receiving the very best care.
Patients are seen by a pediatric neurosurgeon for the following conditions:
- Deformities of the head and spine, including craniosynostosis
- Brain, spine or nerve issues and injuries
- Brain and spine tumors
- Birth injuries, such as congenital malformations
- Pediatric head/brain trauma
- Prenatal and perinatal consultations