Mercy’s physiatrists assess, evaluate and treat many problems in different areas of medicine, including:
- Neurorehabilitation (spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, strokes, MS, Parkinson's Disease)
- Musculoskeletal care (back/neck pain, joint pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, arthritis)
- Sports injuries
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
Our physiatrists also work closely with Mercy’s Center for Rehabilitative Medicine to provide physiatry services to patients recovering from trauma, stroke and other debilitating events.
- Osteopathic manipulation
- Spasticity management (Botox)
- Amputee management
- ITB pump management
- Trigger point injections
- EMG and nerve conduction studies
- Joint injections (ultrasound-guided)
Sometimes, additional treatment is needed. Mercy's physiatrists work physical therapy, neurosurgery, pain control, orthopedic surgeons and behavioral health specialists. We consider all of the options available and help you get on the path to improved movement and less pain.