The application deadline for 2019 positions is January 31, 2019. To apply, please submit a completed application form through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) at www.aamc.org/students/eras.
Contact your medical school dean’s office or the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for information regarding ERAS. Please note, paper applications and information submitted through email will not be considered. U.S. citizens and permanent residents who graduated from medical schools outside the U.S. or Canada must be certified by the ECFMG. International medical graduates must pass the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination in the Medical Sciences or the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
- Must have passed all USMLE/COMLEX exams taken; one fail on all Steps combined allowed
- Two current letters (within one year of application) of recommendation with at least one from a rotation preceptor physician
- International medical graduates must have graduated from medical school or residency within the last three years and have three months of U.S. observership/externship within the past calendar year. A letter of recommendation required from U.S observership/externship preceptor.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident only; J-1 visa will be considered
Upon receipt your ERAS application will be reviewed, including medical school transcripts, dean’s letters, board scores, scholarly activity, past experiences, and letters of reference.
Due to the number of applications received each year some of our programs set Part I board score screening criteria for consideration for audition rotations and/or program interviews.
- Internal Medicine: 200 USMLE or 450 COMLEX
- General Surgery: 225 USMLE or 525 COMLEX
Audition rotations are not required but are encouraged if you have the opportunity within your medical school rotation scheduling process.
Generally, communications on the status of your application and any interview offers will be completed through the ERAS email system.