You should arrive at Mercy through the East Tower entrance, located on 3rd Street (parking is located directly across from the East Tower entrance). You may pull into the circular drive and one of Mercy’s valets will park your vehicle for you at no charge.
If you arrive during the day, please proceed directly to Level 3 (the Birthing Unit) via the elevators directly inside the East Tower entrance. Wheelchairs are available in the main lobby if you need assistance. If you arrive between the hours of 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., the East Tower courtesy desk will call the Birthing Unit to notify them you are coming or to request a nurse assist you.
Once you are in your room, a nurse will discuss your symptoms and do a vaginal exam to determine cervical dilation and rupture of membranes. This exam assesses the status of your cervix and position of your baby’s head. The nurse will also monitor your baby’s heart rate.
Finally, your nurse will go over your prenatal history and discuss your birth plan. This is a good time to discuss any specific labor request with your nurse.
Important locations to know
- Childbirth Education Classes, East Tower Conference Center, Level A
- Mother/Baby Unit, East Tower, Level 2
- Obstetric Emergency Department (OB ED) and Antepartum Unit, East Tower, Level 3
- Birthing Unit, East Tower, Level 3
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), East Tower, Level 4