- Mission & Values
- Mercy Momentum
- Mercy Leadership Team
- Mercy Fact Sheet
- Mercy Medical Center - West Lakes
- Mercy Facilities
- Mercy Affiliate Hospitals
- Mercy Quality Data
- Mercy ACO
- Mercy Events
- Maps, Directions & Parking
- Classes, Screenings & Tours
- Mercy Foundation
Mercy’s goal is to work with the media in the gathering and reporting of information. Due to HIPAA confidentially requirements, media must have a Mercy Public Relations (PR) and Marketing escort at all times when they are in a Mercy facility or campus. The links below detail Mercy's newsgathering policies. For more information, contact Mercy Media Relations staff at (515) 490-6636.
- Mercy newsgathering policies (PDF)*
- HIPPA and the media
- Mercy campus aerial boundary map (PDF)*
- Mercy glossary (PDF)*
- Coverage of celebrities and public figures (PDF)*
- Coverage of a crisis or disaster (PDF)*
Media Relations staff and on-call staff will help you with news requests as well as patient conditions. Patient conditions are also available after-hours by calling the Mercy general phone number (515) 247-3121 or TTY: (515) 247-4009 and asking for the House Supervisor or PR staff member on-call.
Media should not call directly into patient rooms or critical care units. These calls can interfere with a patient recovery or the care of other patients. Media organizations and individuals who do not follow this request will have their newsgathering privileges at Mercy reviewed.
* PDF documents require Adobe Reader.