- Mission & Values
- Mercy Momentum
- Mercy Leadership Team
- Mercy Fact Sheet
- Mercy Medical Center - West Lakes
- Mercy Facilities
- Mercy Affiliate Hospitals
- Mercy Quality Data
- Mercy ACO
- Mercy Events
- Maps, Directions & Parking
- Classes, Screenings & Tours
- Mercy Foundation
Evidence-based design provides the optimal healing environment for patients and their loved ones, and maximizes patient, visitor and employee safety.
Evidence-Based Design Features:
- Mercy Medical Center—West Lakes offers a quiet, soothing, healing atmosphere with plenty of natural light, modern designs and attractive colors and finishes.
- Spacious patient rooms are large enough to accommodate caregivers, family members and modern medical technology, plus family space in each room and comfortable family respite areas encourage the involvement of loved ones in patient care.
- The building’s wide “footprint” allows all supplies, medications, equipment and other essentials to be stored in a central core area that is immediately accessible to nursing staff, improving efficiency and patient care.
- A universal room configuration ensures patient rooms are same-handed (meaning furniture, equipment and supplies will be in the same location in each room to improve efficiency and reduce medical errors) and acuity-adjustable (meaning rooms can be adjusted to handle all levels of care to meet the changing needs of each patient).
- Patient rooms include many features to improve nursing care and patient safety — including sinks for frequent hand washing and patient care needs, patient lifts built into the ceilings and eICU® Connect service for continuous monitoring and support of intensive care patients.
- Nursing units are configured to allow improved visibility of patients from nurses’ work areas.
- Mercy Medical Center—West Lakes is the first hospital in central Iowa built to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) specifications, meaning it will be an energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly building. An application for LEED certification was submitted upon completion of construction.
- The campus also features an outdoor healing garden, green space and landscaping.