Mercy Medical Center offers the full spectrum of cancer care from diagnosis through treatment and follow-up. If hospitalization is necessary, the knowledgeable and caring staff on 8 South, our 32-bed oncology unit, is here to provide expert, personalized care.
Many people and departments may be involved in your care. Members of your health care team may include:
- Skilled radiation oncologists who use the latest linear accelerators available to assure accurate and precise treatment to minimize side effects and help cure many cancers. Our state-of-the-art CyberKnife® Radiosurgery Center offers new hope in the treatment of many tumors previously considered untreatable.
- Medical oncologists and cancer surgeons who are recognized among the top in their field.
- Oncology nurses certified to provide chemotherapy treatments and compassionate care and support to patients and their families.
- Expert pathologists who help physicians diagnose cancers and map out treatment plans.
- Pharmacy specialists who consult with physicians daily regarding appropriate choices of drug therapy for each individual.
- Physicians and pain clinicians who are experts in helping you control your pain.
- Social workers and pastoral counselors who can help you sort through financial concerns and spiritual needs.
These and other dedicated professionals provide expert, personalized care treating patients with respect and compassion at every turn.