According to the American Cancer Society, approximately 1 out of 3 cancers can be attributed to lifestyle factors such as: being overweight or obese, a lack of physical activity, and poor eating habits. Fortunately, it’s never too late to make lifestyle changes, and the dietitians at Mercy Cancer Center can help you with eating habits that support your health goals before, during, and/or after cancer treatments.
Mercy Cancer Center dietitians can:
• Assess your current nutrient intake
• Make recommendations on what to eat during treatment
• Help you manage your treatment side effects with food modifications
• Help you lose or gain weight
• Answer questions about supplements
• Make recommendations for foods to eat after treatments to reduce risk of cancer recurrence
To set up an appointment with a Mercy Cancer Center dietitian, please call us at (515) 643-8206.