Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Mercy Medical Center. Due to the sensitive nature of situations encountered in a hospital setting, Mercy has implemented an extensive screening process which includes, but is not limited to:
- Attending an hour-long Informational Session to learn more about the application process, hear about volunteer opportunities and receive application materials;
- Completing a background check, interview, health review and orientations;
- Being at least 16 years old;
- Committing to a regular shift for a minimum of six months; and
- Reading the Guide to Becoming a Mercy Volunteer.
Volunteer Informational Sessions August- 2016
- Oct. 12 (Wednesday) 1-2 p.m., Mercy central campus, East Tower Conference Room 1
- Oct. 26 (Wednesday) 2-3 p.m., Mercy West Lakes, Cownie Conference Room
- Nov. 17 (Thursday) 10-11 a.m., Mercy central campus, East Tower Conference Room 1
- Nov. 29 (Tuesday) 1-2 p.m., Mercy West Lakes, Cownie Conference Room
- Dec. 16 (Friday) 10-11 a.m., Mercy central campus, East Tower Conference Room 1
To register for an Informational Session, please call (515) 247-3246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering at Mercy Hospice does not require attendance at an Informational Session or completing the standard process. If you are interested in volunteering at Mercy Hospice, please contact (515) 643-6150.
Driving directions for the session locations