Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Mercy Medical Center. Due to the sensitive nature of situations encountered in a hospital setting, Mercy has implemented an extensive screening process which includes, but is not limited to:
- Attending an hour-long Informational Session to learn more about the application process, hear about volunteer opportunities and receive application materials;
- Completing a background check, interview, health review and orientations;
- Being at least 16 years old;
- Committing to a regular shift for a minimum of six months; and
- Reading the Guide to Becoming a Mercy Volunteer.
- Please note: Applications for summer-only and high school volunteer positions are currently not being accepted. If you are interested in summer-only positions, please check the website in March for updated information. If you are in high school and wish to volunteer, check the website periodically for updates and openings.
Volunteer Informational Sessions through DEc. 2015
- Oct. 5, 2015 (Monday) 2-3 p.m., Mercy West Lakes, Cownie Conference Room
- Oct. 21, 2015 (Wednesday) 9-10 a.m., Mercy central campus, East Tower Conference Room 1
- Nov. 11, 2015 (Wednesday) 9-10 a.m., Mercy West Lakes, Cownie Conference Room
- Dec. 9, 2015 (Wednesday) 2-3 p.m., Mercy central campus, East Tower Conference Room 1
To register for an Informational Session, please call (515) 247-3246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering at Mercy Hospice or Bishop Drumm Retirement Center or Mercy Hospice does not require attendance at an Informational Session or completing the standard process.
- If you are interested in volunteering at Mercy Hospice, please contact (515) 643-6150
- If you are interested in volunteering at Bishop Drumm, please contact (515) 270-1100
Driving directions for the session locations