Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Mercy Medical Center. Due to the sensitive nature of situations encountered in a hospital setting, Mercy has implemented an extensive screening process which includes, but is not limited to:
- Attending an hour-long Informational Session to learn more about the application process, hear about volunteer opportunities and receive application materials;
- Completing a background check, interview, health review and orientations;
- Being at least 16 years old;
- Committing to a regular shift for a minimum of six months; and
- Reading the Guide to Becoming a Mercy Volunteer.
Volunteer Informational Sessions 2017
The informational sessions are held at either Mercy Medical Center at 1111 6th Avenue in Des Moines or West Lakes at 1755 59th Place in West Des Moines.
Des Moines -- July 28 from 9-10 a.m. at Mercy Medical Center, East Tower Conference Room 1
West Des Moines -- August 7 from 2-3 p.m. at West Lakes in Cownie Conference Room
Des Moines -- August 23 from 3-4 p.m. at Mercy Medical Center East Tower Conference Room 1
West Des Moines -- September 18 from 10-11 a.m. at West Lakes in Cownie Conference Room
Des Moines -- September 28 from 10-11 a.m.at Mercy Medical Center, East Tower Conference Room 1
To register, please call (515) 247-3246 or email email@example.com
Volunteering at Mercy Hospice does not require attendance at an Informational Session or completing the standard process. If you are interested in volunteering at Mercy Hospice, please contact (515) 643-6150.