Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Mercy Medical Center. Due to the sensitive nature of situations encountered in a hospital setting, Mercy has implemented an extensive screening process which includes, but is not limited to:
- Attending an hour-long Informational Session to learn more about the application process, hear about volunteer opportunities and receive application materials;
- Completing a background check, interview, health review and orientations;
- Being at least 16 years old;
- Committing to a regular shift for a minimum of six months; and
- Reading the Guide to Becoming a Mercy Volunteer.
Volunteer Informational Sessions 2016-2017
- March 6 (Monday) 1-2 p.m., Mercy West Lakes, Cownie Conference Room
- March 22 (Wednesday) 3-4 p.m., Mercy central campus, East Tower Conference Room 1
- April 12 (Wednesday) 10-11 a.m., Mercy West Lakes, Cownie Conference Room
- April 25 (Tuesday) 10-11 a.m., Mercy central campus, East Tower Conference Room 1
- May 10 (Wednesday) 3-4 p.m., Mercy West Lakes, Cownie Conference Room
- May 25 (Thursday) 9-10 a.m., Mercy central campus, East Tower Conference Room 1
To register for an Informational Session, please call (515) 247-3246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering at Mercy Hospice does not require attendance at an Informational Session or completing the standard process. If you are interested in volunteering at Mercy Hospice, please contact (515) 643-6150.
Driving directions for the session locations