Bright, colorful surroundings welcome children and their families in our new inpatient unit. Five experienced hospitalists provide complete care of pediatric patients of all ages, from newborns to teenagers.
Our unit offers:
- Twenty-two private rooms with bathrooms
- A family waiting area
- Playroom for patients
- Accommodations that enable parents to stay close to their child
- Special attention from distinguished pediatricians, specialists and nurses
- Direct access to specialty resources such as intensive care, surgery and cardiology
- Dedicated child life specialist, pediatric social worker, pharmacist and dietitian on the unit
Click here for a video tour of the new pediatric unit.
Ronald McDonald Family Room
The on-unit Ronald McDonald Family Room is an option for parents who need to stay close to their hospitalized child. The Family Room offers three sleeping rooms, shower and laundry facilities, a kitchenette and a TV room. This is the only in-hospital accommodation of its kind in Iowa.
The Family Room does welcome donations from the public. Please see Ronald McDonald Family Room Donation List for more information.
Meet Our Hospitalists
Board-certified hospitalists with Mercy Pediatric Hospitalists provide care in the inpatient unit at Mercy Children's Hospital & Clinics. Click on their names to learn more about our providers.
Variety Pediatric Unit Tour
Mercy is excited to share our new pediatric unit with the community. These photos show what families can expect when they are in the hospital.