- Mercy Children's Hospital Overview
- Pediatric Emergency Department
- Variety Pediatric Unit
- Variety Club Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Children’s Heart Center
- Variety Club Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Subspecialty Clinic
- Center for Craniofacial and Children’s Reconstructive Surgery
- Pediatric Rehab
- Child Life Specialists
- Mercy Pediatric Neurology and Psychiatry Center
- Mercy Pediatric Clinics
- Community Resources
- Mercy Children's Hospital & Clinics Virtual Tour
If your baby is born prematurely or with special needs, the physicians and staff of the Mercy Variety NICU are fully equipped with the most advanced technology and training to give your baby the specialized care he/she needs. The NICU is located on Level 4 of the Mercy’s East Tower.
Mercy Variety NICU Services and Amenities
Mercy’s NICU offers Level III Care*, the highest level of care as designated by the State. This means an advanced level of expertise, care and experience which is why Mercy cares for more babies than any other Iowa hospital. You can stay together in the same hospital–just one or two floors apart.
- In-house neonatologists staffed by the professionals at Pediatrix are available 24/7.
- Highly-trained nurses are available to you and your family 24/7 to assist in feeding, basic care and to answer any questions about your little one.
- A team of specially trained and certified volunteers are available to families who may not be available all the time to be near baby. They offer babies the comfort of human touch when parents are away.
Our unit includes 44 comfortable patient rooms, each with:
- Centralized nursing stations, so your baby's nurse is always visible and available
- Sofa bed and recliners for parents to stay at bedside
- State-of-the-art beds for baby
- Refrigerators for personal use
- Wireless internet access
- Large windows to allow for natural light
- Privacy doors with blinds and soundproofing for when you and your baby desire peace
- Lights that dim in order to make baby and family comfortable
See the suite by taking Mercy’s Women & Infants’ Center virtual tour.
Get your free, no-obligation packet of birthing information today!
To request your FREE packet of information simply contact us today! Be sure to include your name and mailing address in the request.
* If you'd like to read more about NICU designations and what they mean, you can visit http://www.idph.state.ia.us/ OR http://www.idph.state.ia.us/hpcdp/common/pdf/8th_edition_guidelines.pdf
* PDF documents require Adobe Reader.