- Mercy Children's Hospital Overview
- Children's Emergency Center
- Variety Pediatric Unit
- Variety Club Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Children’s Heart Center
- Variety Club Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Subspecialty Clinic
- Center for Craniofacial and Children’s Reconstructive Surgery
- Pediatric Rehab
- Child Life Specialists
- Mercy Pediatric Neurology and Psychiatry Center
- Mercy Pediatric Clinics
- Free Parent e-Newsletter
- Community Resources
- Mercy Children's Hospital & Clinics Virtual Tour
Please be assured that we will call you if there is a change in your baby’s condition. In addition, you are welcome to call the NICU to get information about your baby at any time.
To ensure privacy and to allow the nurse staff time to provide the special care your baby needs, we ask that phone calls be limited to parents only. This will let you, as parents, decide what information is shared with your friends and family about your baby. If the nursery is busy, you may be asked to hold or call back. You are always welcome to leave a message and your baby’s nurse will return your call as soon as possible.
The number to call if you live in the Des Moines area is (515) 358-4000. We also have a toll free number for parents who live outside the Des Moines area. The toll free number is 1-800-637-2993. The toll free line is for parent use only.