- Mercy Children's Hospital Overview
- Children's Emergency Center
- Variety Pediatric Unit
- Variety Club Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Children’s Heart Center
- Variety Club Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Subspecialty Clinic
- Center for Craniofacial and Children’s Reconstructive Surgery
- Pediatric Rehab
- Child Life Specialists
- Mercy Pediatric Neurology and Psychiatry Center
- Mercy Pediatric Clinics
- Free Parent e-Newsletter
- Community Resources
- Mercy Children's Hospital & Clinics Virtual Tour
Sometimes parents can’t be in the nursery with their babies as much as they’d like. Because it is important for babies to have human contact, we have volunteers who can provide some of this contact when you cannot be there. They spend time in the NICU holding, cuddling and talking to the babies.
All of our NICU volunteers complete a special training program and are directly supervised by the nursing staff. They provide no patient care, just comfort to your baby when he or she needs it.
We will only invite a NICU volunteer to be with your baby if you request to have one. Please talk with your nurse about signing up for this program.