Technical Consulting Services
Mercy Clinical Laboratory offers comprehensive technical services that can be customized to meet your needs. Our experienced medical technologists are available for a number of support services, including (but not limited to):
- Cost analysis for instrumentation
- Laboratory analysis of instrumentation, test kits, equipment, & test menu
- Calibration verification of centrifuges, thermometers, and timers
- Proficiency Testing Program enrollment
- Laboratory Procedure Manual development
- Quality Control set up & management
- Education/Training In-services for competency requirements
- Assistance with CLIA or COLA certification paperwork
- Preparation for CLIA or COLA inspections
- Reviews monthly, quarterly, and/or annual maintenance checks of quality, employee competency, instrument function, based on CLIA or COLA guidelines
- Provides an excellent resource for laboratory related issues
- Serves as laboratory director, as needed.
For more information about cost, availability, or to discuss a service design for your specific needs, call Teresa McDonough at (515) 643-2701.
Meet our Staff
As a technical consultant for the Mercy Network Hospital Laboratories, Teresa has the pleasure of visiting hospital labs about once per month. Teresa enjoys getting to know the Lab manager and staff. She reviews quality control and proficiency testing results, checks calibration on pipettes, and gives technical assistance. Teresa is willing to assist in any manner to ensure the laboratory has what they need to provide quality laboratory services. Teresa is familiar with CLIA, COLA, and CAP regulations/inspections. Teresa offers mock inspections to make sure your lab is ready come survey time. Teresa has more than 30 years of experience in laboratory medicine. Teresa can be reach at (515) 643-2701 or email@example.com.
As a technical consultant for physician office labs, it is Lori’s job to make the laboratory personnel’s job a little easier. By helping select test systems, performing quality assurance reviews, performing competency assessments and acting as a liaison with accrediting agencies Lori can apply the expertise acquired in her almost 30 years of experience in the field of laboratory medicine. As an employee of MCL, she has access to the technical expertise of the array of laboratory specialists as well as the tools and equipment to help you provide quality lab results to your clinicians. Lori can be reached at (515) 247-4492 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a technical consultant for Mercy Network Hospital and Clinic Laboratories, Melanie visits hospital and clinic labs on a monthly basis. She enjoys helping others, and being a resource for network laboratory managers and laboratory staff. She assists in the review of quality control, proficiency testing results, calibrations and provides additional support as needed to help the laboratory provide quality laboratory services. Through mock inspections and knowledge of CLIA, COLA and CAP regulations Melanie helps ensure laboratories are proactive in preparing for regulatory inspections. Melanie has more than five years of experience as a technologist at Mercy Clinical Laboratory. Melanie can be reached at (515)-643-8564 or at MAckerman@mercydesmoines.org.