This wall-mounted display is designed to educate employees on pertinent health issues and provide details regarding available health promotion activities.
Each month, the Body/Mind poster delivers brief, interesting articles on important health and wellness topics. To maximize the health and wellness promotion, your company is encouraged to coordinate its development strategies with the designated monthly topics.
- January - Physical Health: Discusses the hazards of a sedentary lifestyle and the benefits of regular exercise.
- February - Heart Health: Explains the dangers associated with untreated high blood pressure.
- March - Nutrition: Addresses junk food/fast food consumption in America and suggests healthful alternatives.
- April - Cancer: Examines skin cancer risk factors and prevention.
- May - Allergies and Asthma: Discusses seasonal pollen.
- June - Occupational Health and Safety: Focuses on the importance of stretching and provides sample stretches.
- July - Back to School: Examines common causes of stress for adolescents and suggests ways to minimize its effects.
- August - Men’s Health: Addresses the importance of PSA exams to the prevention of prostate cancer.
- September - Cold & Flu: Provides suggestions for cold and flu prevention.
- October - Women’s Health: Explains mammograms and their importance to the prevention of breast cancer.
- November - Diabetes: Offers a diabetes management update and highlights the latest treatment options.
- December - Stress and Depression: Gives advice for combating holiday stress and depression.
Contact the Employer Relations Specialist at (515) 643-8299 to request a complimentary Health Information Center. The information contained within the Center changes monthly and will be serviced by a hospital representative.