Mercy Hospice offers comfort, dignity and quality care to individuals and families facing life-limiting illnesses. The focus of hospice care is not to cure disease but rather to keep pain and other symptoms controlled. Mercy Hospice offers many specialized services designed to improve the quality of life for our patients.
Specifically, Mercy Hospice can:
- Help control pain through medication and non-drug treatments for pain
- Manage symptoms to keep the patient more comfortable
- Coordinate delivery of medications, medical supplies and durable medical equipment related to the illness
- Provide relief to caregivers who may need a break and time away
- Offer emotional support and explore resources to assist in coping with the illness
- Assist patients and families with spiritual care
- Provide a sense of community, comfort and compassion at the end of life
- Offer bereavement care and support groups to surviving family and friends
Mercy Hospice - Johnston
5820 Winwood Drive
Johnston, IA 50131
For admissions information, contact our Admissions Coordinator, Monday through Friday, at (515) 201-5564. If you need information outside of business hours, call us 24 hours a day at the phone numbers listed below.
Mercy Hospice Administration
500 Southwest 7th Ave, Suite 104
Des Moines, IA 50309
For information about making a donation to Mercy Hospice, please visit https://foundation.mercydesmoines.org/donate. Or, you may contact Mercy Foundation by phone at (515) 247-3248 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.