Hospice patients and families benefit from the care and services of a team of professional staff and volunteers. Members of the team include:
- Medical Director – Oversees the hospice program and is available for consultation
- Physician – Directs the plan of care provided
- Nurse – Makes regular home visits and is available by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week for consultation and support
- Home Health Aide – Assists with personal care and provides caregiver relief
- Social Worker – Assists with end-of-life issues and provides emotional support
- Spiritual Coordinator – Provides spiritual support
- Volunteer – Provides the patient and family with assistance and companionship
- Pharmacist – Makes recommendations for medication management
- Dietician, Pain Clinician and/or Rehab Therapist – Provide
support, education and services as needed
Members of the team meet weekly to collaborate on each patient and to develop an individualized plan of care to best meet his or her specific needs.
We also have the services of Mercy Medical Center’s Interpretive Services department available for those patients with communication, hearing, language or vision barriers.