- Senior Services and Housing
- Home Respiratory Care and Medical Supply
- Mercy Hospice
- Why Mercy Hospice?
- When is it Time for Hospice?
- Who is Eligible for Hospice Care?
- The Mercy Hospice Team
- Care at Home and in the Nursing Home/Assisted Living Center
- Mercy Hospice – Johnston Facility
- How is Hospice Care Paid For?
- Arranging for Hospice Services
- Becoming a Hospice Volunteer
- Make a Gift to Mercy Hospice
- What Others Say about Mercy Hospice
- Contact Us
- House of Mercy
- Workforce Health Initiative
- Wellness Center
- Jordan Creek “Find Your Center”
Hospice care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private health insurance plans.
If hospice care is provided in a nursing home, assisted living facility or at the residential level of care at Mercy Hospice – Johnston, patients are responsible for paying their own room and board fees.
It is important to note that hospice care is provided based upon need instead of ability to pay. No one will be turned away because they cannot afford services. We therefore welcome and appreciate donations from the community to help care for those who cannot otherwise afford it.
Donations to Mercy Hospice are appreciated!
For more information about making a gift to Mercy Hospice, click on the link below or contact the Mercy Hospice Development Office:
Director of Annual Giving
(515) 643 - 8034