The Mercy Executive Health Physical is a comprehensive medical evaluation featuring the following core components:
- Interview with a board certified internal medicine physician
- Comprehensive head-to-toe physical examination
- Laboratory profile – complete blood count, comprehensive metabolic profile, lipids panel, diabetic test (A1C,) thyroid function (TSH), PSA and urinalysis
- Body fat measurements
- Cardiovascular testing and screenings (stress echo, calcium scoring, exercise stress test, carotid artery ultrasound, peripheral artery disease screening, abdominal aortic aneurysm ultrasound) as indicated
- Pap smear (with HPV testing if needed)
- Bone density test
- Spirometry (lung function)
- Sleep apnea screening
- Full body skin evaluation, with lesion removal if needed
- Lung cancer screening for smokers
- Consultations with:
- registered dietitian to discuss nutrition and diet needs (weight loss, diabetes, heart healthy, vegetarian, gluten-free)
- exercise physiologist to assess your physical conditions and design a customized plan to enhance your exercise program
- physical therapist to evaluate ergonomics, musculoskeletal pain, and general core strengthening. Optional on-site ergonomics evaluation is available in the Des Moines area
- pharmacist to review medications and discuss tobacco cessation if needed
- executive health coach consultation to focus on strengths and assets, identify goals and develop a plan for personal and professional success
- Integrative Medicine consult with a fellowship trained physician in alternative/complimentary medicine
After the one to two days of testing, the client will have a one hour summary conference with an internal medicine physician to review their results and recommendations. The time necessary to complete the evaluation may be extended if the client requires additional testing or subspecialty consults.
Optional consultations clients may elect to participate in include, but are not limited to:
- Cosmetic surgery consult
- Dermatological cosmetic procedures
- Diabetic education session
- International travel clinic
- Routine vision exam with optometrist on site
- Routine dental exam – cleaning, x-rays and evaluation with a dentist
- Consultation with any specialty physician for any medical concern
The following amenities are provided to make the experience as easy and pleasant as possible.
- Transportation between sites of testing; from hotel if needed
- Client liaison escort throughout the day
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Beverages and healthy snacks between appointments
- Portfolio with information regarding testing, services and health care professionals
- Full written report with results and recommendations mailed to client and primary care physician
For more information or to schedule an Executive Health Physical, please call the program coordinator at (515) 358-7752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the executive physical be submitted to insurance?
Blood work, immunizations, mammogram, bone density test, dermatology procedures, and any subspecialty consultations CAN be submitted to insurance. However, a large part of the core costs CANNOT be submitted to insurance. This includes the physician’s time in reviewing your medical questionnaire and your medical records from your doctors to design your individualized physical, 2-½ hours of face to face time with a board certified internal medicine physician, follow up emails from the physician, the multidisciplinary team approach to your health (exercise physiology, physical therapy, pharmacist, etc.), the client liaison/transportation, meals, written binders and flash drive.
How long can I expect an executive physical to take?
The length of your executive physical varies according to your personalized needs. The minimal amount of time involved would be one full morning with an hour long summary conference at the end of the day. If you need to see several specialists, your physical may be 1 ½ -2 days total. A colonoscopy can also be arranged in coordination with your physical and would require an additional full morning to complete, along with time in the afternoon to rest from your procedure.
Will this information be shared with my primary care provider?
Absolutely! The executive physical is not meant to replace your health care with your primary care provider, but to enhance it. We will obtain your medical records from your provider prior to determining your schedule. We will then provide the results and our recommendations, along with other consultations, to your primary care provider. We encourage you to follow up with your provider to further discuss this information.
How do I get started?
Please call or email office manager, JoDee Schumacher, to ask further questions or to have a medical questionnaire emailed, mailed, or faxed to you. Once we receive your medical questionnaire, we will also request your medical records to review. The executive physical is scheduled 6-8weeks out from receiving your questionnaire. One phone call, one time filling out paperwork, and the rest is up to us!
Testimonial - Terry Handley
Business leaders don’t always find the time to take care of their health, let alone spend several days traveling to multiple locations for preventive health check-ups or related tests. This holds true for Terry Handley, President and CEO of Casey’s General Stores, Inc. A few months ago, however, Handley found the perfect solution to this scheduling challenge – Mercy’s Executive Health Program.
Through this program, Handley was able to complete an individualized and comprehensive health evaluation in just one day, avoiding all of the extra time involved with scheduling appointments separately. Upon his scheduled arrival, Handley was given a detailed agenda to maximize his time – and all of the exams were completed efficiently, finishing even earlier than he had expected.
“The specific exams provided me with a detailed overview of my physical health,” Handley said. “And everyone at Mercy was so organized and extremely friendly. I was never left sitting or waiting for the next exam. Someone was always there to get me to the next exam or appointment.” He also said he valued the convenience of having a driver to take him where he needed to be.
“Completing the patient questionnaire in advance and the strict adherence to the day’s agenda by the nursing and administrative staff made the process very easy,” Handley pointed out.
At the end of the day, the results of each exam were summarized by Dr. Valerie Stratton, medical director of the Mercy Executive Health Program. In large part, Handley attributes his positive experience to the friendly medical personnel who took the time to answer his questions in detail before, during and after his appointment day.
“I absolutely recommend this program to others,” Handley said. “Because of my great experience with Mercy, we are considering sending additional members of our senior management team to take part in this program,” he added.
Testimonial - Denny Presnall
“Scheduling multiple appointments has proven difficult with my busy schedule, but Mercy’s Executive Health Physical Program provided me with the opportunity to have all of my tests completed and reviewed in just one day. It was minutes away from my office, which meant I didn’t need to spend multiple days traveling back and forth,” said Denny Presnall, executive director and secretary-treasurer, Iowa Farm Bureau Federation.
Presnall plans to utilize this program again. In fact, this is the second consecutive year he has had his executive physical completed through Mercy’s Executive Health Physical Program.
“The team at Mercy really thought of every detail to ensure my exam process functioned smoothly and efficiently,” said Presnall. “I appreciated the one-on-one personalized attention from the staff and physicians. Dr. Valerie Stratton took the necessary time to carefully review the test results with me. She not only talked through the results, but she made recommendations and flagged things to monitor in the future. I never felt rushed, and I gained thorough insight to my overall health,” Denny added.
“I encourage other executives to take advantage of this high quality, efficient and individualized program,” he said.
Testimonial - Terry Lillis
For busy business executives, maximizing the best use of time is a top priority. Terry Lillis, Principal Financial Group’s executive vice president and chief financial officer, recognizes the advantages of Mercy’s Executive Health Physical Program.
“Mercy’s Executive Health Physical Program is second to none,” said Lillis. “The exam process was well-managed, efficient and thorough. The staff members were very nice, friendly and attentive, and the entire day was customized for me based on my pre-visit medical history questionnaire.”
Additionally, Lillis added, “This local program was a great use of my time and it saved me two days of traveling. I was able to complete my exams and receive the results in the same day, and the personalized and friendly care makes it easy for me to call, text, email or stop by with any questions or follow up. I appreciated the extra steps the staff at Mercy took, including the staff who escorted me to the next exam to ensure I was always in the right place, and the coordination between the Mercy Executive Health physician and my primary health physician.”
Lillis said because of the efficiency of the location and the personal feel he plans on using the program annually and definitely recommends it to other executives.