As a patient at Mercy, or as the parent or legal guardian of a minor patient at Mercy, it is your responsibility to:
- Provide accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to your health – including advance directives – and report whether or not you clearly comprehend a contemplated course of action and its anticipated effects.
- Follow the treatment plan recommended by the practitioner primarily responsible for your care. This may include following the instructions of nurses and other health care professionals as they implement your practitioner’s orders and enforce the applicable hospital rules and regulations.
- Accept the medical consequences if you refuse treatment or if you do not follow your practitioner’s instructions.
- Follow hospital rules and regulations affecting patient care and conduct.
- Be considerate of the rights of other patients and hospital personnel and assist in the control of noise and the number of visitors in your room.
- Assure that the financial obligations of your care are fulfilled as promptly as possible.