- Mercy Nurse
- Symptom Navigator
- Levitt Medical Library
- Health Information
- Body Guide
- Multimedia Encyclopedia
- In-Depth Health Reports
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Drug Information Center
- Drug Interactions
- Wellness Tools
- Today's Medical News
- Pregnancy Health Center
- Recursos EspaÃ±oles De la Salud
- Enciclopedia Multimedia
- Centro de Information sobre el Embarazo
Headache - what to ask your doctor
A headache is pain or discomfort in your head, scalp, or neck.
Below are some questions you may want to ask your doctor or nurse about your headaches.
What to ask your doctor about headaches; Migraine - what to ask your doctor; Tension headache - what to ask your doctor; Cluster headache - what to ask your doctor
How can I tell if the headache I am having is dangerous?
What medical problems can cause headaches? What tests do I need?
What changes in my lifestyle may help my headaches?
- Are there foods that make my headaches worse that I should stay away from?
- Are there medicines that may be causing my headaches?
- Will alcohol or cigarette smoking make my headaches worse?
- Will exercise help my headaches?
What are the pain medicines that can be used for headaches?
- Will taking too many pain medicines make my headaches worse?
- What are the side effects of these medicines?
- Will any of these medicines make me sleepy or confused?
What should I do when I feel a headache beginning?
- Are there medicines I can take that will stop the headache?
- What can I do when I have headaches at work?
Are there medicines that I can take that will make my headaches come less often?
What can I do about nausea or vomiting with my headaches?
Are there any herbs or supplements that I can take that will help? How do I know if they are safe?
Reviewed By: David C. Dugdale, III, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of General Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc.