The Katzmann Breast Center and Mercy Cancer Center offer a variety of education and support services, including:
- One-on-one counseling.
- Assistance in obtaining breast forms, intimate apparel or other clothing.
- Information on complementary therapies such as art, music therapy, meditation, relaxation and soft exercises, imagery, massage, post mastectomy/lumpectomy exercise instructions and pain management.
- An extensive collection of books, pamphlets, periodicals and videos with the latest information on breast care, support readings, cancer detection, prevention and treatment. Most resources are free of charge or can be borrowed.
- Referral to aesthetic services, wigs and styling.
- Yearly educational symposium.
The American Cancer Society offers many online resources as well. Visit www.cancer.org for more information.