Mercy Neurosurgery is dedicated to providing patients with access to highly specialized care close to home. The neurosurgeons at Mercy bring a unique and personal approach to treating patients. They offer innovative and leading-edge treatments with patient-centered, coordinated care.
A total spectrum of specialties is what makes this practice unique. Mercy provides care for adult and pediatric patients—including newborns. Care and consultation is available for a wide variety of conditions, such as:
• aneurysms and AVMs;
• brain tumors;
• cranial malformations;
• advanced minimally-invasive surgery;
• spine care, including complex spine and scoliosis;
• cranial and spine trauma; and
• deep brain stimulation.
In addition, Mercy Neurosurgery is home to:
• Central Iowa’s only pediatric neurosurgeon, who provides access to
highly-specialized care for central Iowa’s most vulnerable patients –
including hydrocephalus, neuro-trauma, Chiari malformation, brain
and spinal cord tumors, epilepsy, neuroendoscopy, as well as prenatal
consultations for congenital cranial and spinal malformations;
• Central Iowa’s only vascular neurosurgeon, who offers a minimallyinvasive
approach to treating vascular disorders, such as aneurysms; and
• Central Iowa’s only deep brain stimulation program, providing
specialized care for patients with movement disorders, such as
Parkinson’s Disease, essential tremor, dystonia and OCD.
* PDF documents require Adobe Reader.