You are eligible to apply at the Mercy School of Clinical Laboratory Science and Technology if you:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and a minimum science GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have completed the following required scientific background:
- Chemistry: 16 semester credit hours or 24 quarter credit hours are required. Organic or biochemistry must be included.
- Biology: 16 semester credit hours or 24 quarter credit hours are required. Microbiology (including pathogenic bacteriology) must be included; Immunology as a separate course or as part of another course must be included.
- Mathematics: 3 semester credit hours or 5 quarter credit hours in college level mathematics are required.
All science courses must qualify toward a major in biology or chemistry at the institution the student is attending. Nursing sciences and survey courses do not fulfill the chemistry or biology requirements.
- Optional Courses: Not strictly required, but recommended, are courses in computer science, management, human relations, parasitology, genetics, physiology, hematology, immunohematology, quantitative analysis, statistics, and instrumentation. Having not taken the optional courses will not exclude a student from consideration.
- Academic Update Requirements: Coursework allowing the student to meet the biology and chemistry requirements completed seven or more years before application will require updating. This is determined by the Program Director.
A grade of D in any required course is not considered passing.