Following the November 1 application deadline, the process to select students begins. Each qualified applicant is invited to interview with program officials and tour the laboratory. Complete applications are reviewed by the selection committee, which considers the following:
- Types and difficulty of courses taken
- Evidence of well-rounded education, such as better than average grade in English composition
- Courses taken that are not required but are recommended
- Work experience
- Volunteer and extra-curricular activities
- Letters of recommendation
- Activities that indicate social consciousness and involvement
- Cumulative and science GPA
- The interview is not used as one of the selection criteria.
- Acceptance letters are sent to accepted students on December 1.
- Accepted students must reply to Mercy School of Clinical Laboratory Science and Technology to accept or reject the offered position by December 15.
- Application eligibility does not guarantee acceptance.
- Students will be accepted into the program without regard to race, color, national and ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, physical or mental disability, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of war, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.