While no spinal surgery is routine, some are more delicate and complex and require highly-trained physicians to treat them. Mercy is home to central Iowa's leaders in minimally-invasive, complex spinal surgery. Our coordinated team of surgeons, nurses, imaging specialists, therapists and support staff work together with our patients to ensure that their quality of life is improved and they can go back to living life the way they were pre-surgery.
Services and treatments offered at Mercy Neurosurgery
Mercy uses a minimally-invasive approach to spine care, which means increased recovery times and better outcomes. Mercy treats and consults on the following disorders and medical issues:
- Spinal disorders, including degenerative diseases
- Spinal tumors
- Herniated discs
- Degenerative discs
- Malformations of the spine, including scoliosis
- Spinal trauma
Mercy will work closely with your primary care physician to coordinate a referral.
Schedule a Neurosurgery Consult
Mercy will work closely with your primary care physician to coordinate a referral. Simply bring the following information to your primary care provider so you can confidently discuss your medical options.
- Patient Story: Spine Curvature Correction
- Troy Munson, M.D., neurosurgeon, Services and Treatments
- Robert Hirschl, M.D., neurosurgeon, Services and Treatments
- John Gachiani, M.D., neurosurgeon, Services and Treatments
- Esmiralda Henderson, M.D., neurosurgeon, Services and Treatments
Questions? Call us at (515) 358-0100, or, email us at email@example.com.