The following is a list of some common types of procedures our surgeons provide to our patients.
If you would like to know more about specific surgeries, please visit this Mercy patient education website Adam Health.
(Open and advanced laparoscopic)
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder)
- Nissen Fundoplication (reflux)
- Laparoscopic colon resection
- Colon resection
- Lesion removals
- Esophageal motility study for reflux
- Bravo ph for reflux
(close association with Katzmann Breast Center)
- Various state-of-the-art biopsy procedures
- Sentinel lymph node biopsies
Surgical Oncology (surgical treatment of cancer)
- Colon cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Lung cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Surgical oncologists Jan Franko, M.D., and Charles Goldman, M.D., of Mercy Surgical Affiliates are the first surgeons in Iowa and two of just a handful in the entire nation who are performing a leading-edge procedure called Hyperthermic Interperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) to treat patients with cancers of the abdominal cavity.
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (open and laparoscopic)
- Lap-Band for weight loss