Transplant Information Resources
Please browse the following list of online resources to learn more about kidney transplants. If you have additional questions about kidney transplantation at Mercy, please contact Mercy Transplant Center at (515) 247-4261.
- American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP)- The mission of the AAKP is to improve the lives of fellow kidney patients and their families by helping them to deal with the physical, emotional, and social impact of kidney disease.
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) – The ADA’s mission is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by this disease.
- American Organ Transplant Association - The American Organ Transplant Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping patients lead happy, productive lives by assisting them in obtaining and sustaining an organ transplant.
- Division of Transplantation - Government website about organ donation, statistics and resources available.
- Iowa Donor Network - The Iowa Donor Network is a non-profit organization that operates as the primary contact for organ, tissue and eye donation services for the state of Iowa.
- James Redford Institure (JRI) for Transplant Awareness - JRI is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating the public
about the need for organ and tissue donation through film and
- Living Donors Online! – Living Donors Online! is the online community for living organ donors, potential donors, their families, and medical professionals.
- My Angel Foundation - Non-profit organization dedicated to sharing stories of organ donors, families and recipients.
- National Kidney Foundation - The National Kidney Foundation, Inc., is a major voluntary health organization that seeks to prevent kidney and urinary tract diseases, improve the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by these diseases, and increase the availability of all organs for transplantation. NKF also organizes and presents the annual Transplant Games.
- National Transplant Assistance Fund (NTAF) – NTAF has helped families raise more than $57million for critical but uninsured medical expenses related to transplantation and catastrophic injuries.
- United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)- UNOS brings together medicine, science, public policy, and technology to facilitate every organ transplant performed in the United States. Every day, UNOS assists transplant doctors, patients, and members of the public by helping to ensure that organs are procured and distributed in a fair and timely manner.