Iowa Heart Center and Mercy have a long-standing reputation of innovation and coordinated cardiovascular services to assure our patients receive world-class, patient-centered care.
We are dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment – both non-surgical and surgical – of vascular disease. Our purpose is to provide comprehensive care to patients with disorders of the circulatory system, utilizing advanced, state-of-the-art technology and treatment in a safe, caring environment.
Common vascular procedures performed at Mercy Medical Center include:
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Aortic surgery for aneurysmal or occlusive disease
- Complex revascularization of the lower extremities
- Arteriography and angioplasty
- Stent placement
- Dialysis access
- Thrombolytic therapy of dialysis grafts for arterial and/or venous occlusion
- Vertebral artery reconstruction
- Visceral artery reconstruction
- Thoracic outlet surgery
- Endoscopic treatment of venous ulcerations
- Treatment of hyperhidrosis and reflex sympathetic dystrophy