- Mercy Women and Infants' Center Overview
- Planning for Pregnancy
- Choosing a Mercy Hospital
- Mercy West Lakes
- Birthing Unit
- Mother/Baby Unit
- Getting Ready for Baby
- Childbirth Education Classes and Tours
- Mercy Lactation Consultants & Information
- Little Miracles Lactation Boutique
- Pregnancy Health Center
- Patient Stories
- Special-care Services
- Web Nursery
- Maternity Triage and Treatment Unit
- Perinatal Center of Iowa
- Variety Club Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Mercy Stork Affair
Mercy is committed to education. When anticipating a new experience, confidence comes from knowing what to expect. All of our classes are personalized, interactive, taught by certified childbirth educators and held in our conference center. Our comprehensive curriculum is designed so you can participate in array of classes free of charge; from the moment you realize you are pregnant through your last trimester and beyond.
It is recommended that you register for all classes during your first trimester. For the ideal learning experience, we suggest the following schedule:
- First trimester: Great Expectations and Baby Finance
- Second trimester: Breastfeeding Essential, Baby Basics, Postpartum Adjustments and Multiple Blessings
- Third trimester: Prenatal Classes (or Fast Track), Refresher, Boot Camp for New Dads and Sibling Class
Mercy also offers Infant CPR and First Aid classes. Please contact Mercy Nurse at (515) 2-HEALTH for more information.
Great Expectations, Prenatal Class and Refresher all include a tour of the Women & Infants’ Center as part of the class. However, you may schedule a free tour before your class.
* PDF documents require Adobe Reader.