- Mercy Women and Infants' Center Overview
- Choosing a Mercy Hospital
- Mercy West Lakes
- Birthing Unit
- Mother/Baby Unit
- Getting Ready for Baby
- Childbirth Education Classes and Tours
- Mercy Lactation Consultants & Information
- Little Miracles Lactation Boutique
- Pregnancy Health Center
- Patient Stories
- Special-care Services
- Web Nursery
- Maternity Triage and Treatment Unit
- Perinatal Center of Iowa
- Variety Club Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Mercy Stork Affair
- Women & Infants' Center Virtual Tour
The Mercy West Lakes Volunteer Birth Doula Program offers volunteer birth doulas that are "on-call" for a 24-hour period each month. Patients who are in active labor and choose to have a birth doula will receive them on a first-come, first-serve basis at no additional cost. Not knowing demand, there will not be a guarantee of no-cost doula services; however, if you would like to guarantee a doula, you may contract with a doula and pay for it out-of-pocket.
The following doulas are on-call at Mercy West Lakes, as well as accepting private clients:
The following doulas are not accepting private clients, but are on-call at Mercy West Lakes:
For more information on the Mercy West Lakes Volunteer Birth Doula Program or to learn what a birth doula is, click here.
Ready to take the next step?
Contact Sharon DeKock, Mercy Volunteer Birth Doula Coordinator at (515) 358-8392 or email@example.com. Sharon can help coordinate private contracts with the doulas, answer questions about the program and help you select the right doula for you and your family.
* PDF documents require Adobe Reader.