The Mercy Volunteer Birth Doula Program offers volunteer birth doulas that are "on-call" for a 24-hour period each month. Patients who are in active labor and choose to have a birth doula will receive them on a first-come, first-served basis at no additional cost. Not knowing demand, there will not be a guarantee of no-cost doula services; however, if you would like to guarantee a doula, you may contract with a doula and pay for it out-of-pocket.
What to expect from the Mercy Volunteer Birth Doulas
Upon admission to Mercy West Lakes, the services of a birth doula will be offered to you if you haven’t already contracted with one.
- The birth doula will arrive as soon as she can and will speak with you about your desired birth plan
- The doula will then work with the medical team to help make sure your birth plan is heard and understood
- The doula will support you throughout your labor and delivery by keeping you moving, using massage, essential oils, music, pressure points, rebozo scarves and a host of other tools
- The doula will not replace your support person, in fact, the doula will help keep your labor partner close and involved for the duration of the labor should you desire it
- After your baby is born, the birth doula will ensure you have time alone with your little one during the sacred hour post delivery
Want to learn more about doulas? Check out this free information sheet full of facts, figures and FAQs.
Get your free packet of birthing information today!
To request your free packet of information simply fill out our form!