- Mercy Women and Infants' Center Overview
- Choosing a Mercy Hospital
- Mercy West Lakes
- Birthing Unit
- Mother/Baby Unit
- Getting Ready for Baby
- Childbirth Education Classes and Tours
- Mercy Lactation Consultants & Information
- Little Miracles Lactation Boutique
- Pregnancy Health Center
- Patient Stories
- Special-care Services
- Web Nursery
- Maternity Triage and Treatment Unit
- Perinatal Center of Iowa
- Variety Club Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Mercy Stork Affair
- Women & Infants' Center Virtual Tour
Mercy’s luxurious birthing suites are located on Level 3 of Mercy’s East Tower. It is the goal of the delivery team to provide a safe and comfortable environment.
What to expect in the birthing unit
Each of the birthing suites is equipped with:
- A modern birthing bed
- A whirlpool tub to labor in
- State-of-the-art technology designed to keep mother and baby safe
- A sleep sofa for the labor partner
- A 27” flat panel television with DVD/CD player
- Wireless internet access
- Large windows to allow lots of natural light into the suite
- Small refrigerator for personal use
Mercy also provides dedicated Cesarean section rooms with private recovery areas for post-surgery and two spacious waiting rooms for friends and family.
Families delivering at Mercy will move from the birthing unit to a recovery suite just steps away after they deliver and have bonded with their newest little one.
Get your free, no-obligation packet of birthing information today!
To request your FREE packet of information simply contact us today! Be sure to include your name and mailing address in the request.
* PDF documents require Adobe Reader.