- Mercy Women and Infants' Center Overview
- Planning for Pregnancy
- Choosing a Mercy Hospital
- Mercy West Lakes
- Birthing Unit
- Mother/Baby Unit
- Getting Ready for Baby
- Childbirth Education Classes and Tours
- Mercy Lactation Consultants & Information
- Little Miracles Lactation Boutique
- Pregnancy Health Center
- Patient Stories
- Special-care Services
- Web Nursery
- Maternity Triage and Treatment Unit
- Perinatal Center of Iowa
- Variety Club Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Mercy Stork Affair
Life begins at Mercy. We’ve been providing
high-quality care to new moms and babies
for more than 100 years. We’re working every day to provide excellence to you and
prove that we put you and your baby first.
Mercy's Women & Infants' Center features all the comforts of home with the most advanced technology and experienced nursing staff to give you the highest level of care and the peace of mind you deserve.
You and your baby will have access to the best available services–including specialized labor and delivery rooms; recovery suites; Maternity Triage and Treatment Unit; Variety Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; and support from on-site lactation consultants.
- Room service dining is available for our patients. The dining program allows patients to select meals from an expansive menu between 6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. year-round.
- Newborn nursery is open 24-hours a day for baby.
- On-site Lactation Boutique provides lactation supplies and advice for moms and their new babies. Moms can get more information about breast-feeding essentials – including pumps, rentals and nursing bras. Visitors may purchase gifts for baby and mom.
- Free childbirth education classes taught by certified childbirth educators. Classes include prenatal, sibling and boot camp for new dads. Prenatal classes are held at a variety of Mercy locations to better meet your busy schedule.
- Interpretation Services are available to assist with communication.
- Wireless Internet access points in all major areas of the hospital.
* PDF documents require Adobe Reader.