This state-of-the-art facility is located in Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines’ East Tower and is comprised of Labor & Delivery, a Mother/Baby recovery unit, the Maternity Triage & Treatment Unit, 24-hour Wellbaby Nursery and the Variety Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Mercy Women & Infants Center Services and Amenities
- Provides care for both low- and high-risk pregnancies, deliveries, postpartum and newborns
- Handles deliveries before 37 weeks of pregnancy
- Provides neonatologist support during delivery
- Has a dedicated Maternity Triage & Treatment unit for pregnant women experiencing complications and/or early labor
- Offers a 44-bed NICU to care for the most vulnerable patients
- Employs nurses trained for specific areas of the birthing process, including labor, delivery and post-partum recovery
- Secure newborn nursery is available 24 hours a day
- Offers lactation and breastfeeding consultation and support while you are still in the hospital
- Little Miracles Lactation Boutique can sell or rent breast pumps and check with your insurance to see if they are covered
- Offers newborn photography from the comfort of the recovery suite
Get your free packet of birthing information today!
To request your free packet of information simply fill out this easy form! Be sure to provide your name and mailing address in your request.