The Mercy Ostomy/Wound Outpatient Clinic offers comprehensive services specific to the needs of patients requiring wound, ostomy or continence care. The clinic features convenient scheduling times, patient-centered care and a dedicated staff of highly trained certified wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) nurse practitioners and nurses.
Patient-centered care tailored to your needs
The clinic is designed to provide care for ostomates and wound patients, offering advanced assessment and management of surgical wounds, pressure ulcers and vascular wounds. WOC nurses also address the physical, emotional and social issues of patients with ostomies, stomas and acute or chronic wounds.
To maintain a seamless continuity of care, each patient’s care plan is developed in conjunction with a team of medical professionals including their primary care physician, nurses, diabetic professionals and other specialists. Additionally, the WOC nurses coordinate with home care, hospice and inpatient nurses.
The Mercy Ostomy/Wound Clinic works with patients to provide:
- Pre-operative assessments, stoma marking and counseling
- Ostomy product selection
- Pouching and other skin issues related to ostomies
- Evaluation and treatment for tube-related complications
- Comprehensive wound management
- Multi-layer compression therapy for venous ulcers
- Negative pressure wound care therapy
- Advanced wound care products